Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Favourite of Mine

If ever a band can be said to have gripped my soul, it is an Indonesian band, Sheila On 7. It has started so long ago, when they first entered Malaysia with their phenomenon-Sephia, and I was 15 years old. This urged me to buy their second album, Kisah Klasik Masa Depan (Classical Story for Future) which for me, is the best album of them!

While Duta the vocalist singing with his soothing voice, there is Eross the Genius, with his flawless guitar technics and wonderful melody. The album really hypnotized me with its great words and compositions. I do not know when I officially became enthusiast with this pop-alternative band, but I am very sure that I will not be late to have their new albums. And finally, I have compiled a collection of all their albums.

Pictures of my secondary schoolmates as we used to study together, burn the midnight oil for tomorrow exams while listening to Sheila's songs or when my father starting to grumble about the overplayed Bila Kau Tak Disampingku (When You Are Not With Me) in his car spring to mind whenever I listen to Buat Aku Tersenyum (Makes Me Smile) or Sahabat Sejati (True Friend).

Well, perhaps not many people know that one of the reasons why I chose Jogjakarta, Indonesia to do medicine is because Sheila On 7 is originally from here. Hehe. Unluckily, after almost 3 years here, I have never got a chance to meet my all-time favourite band, Sheila On 7. *wishlist*

Believe it or not, Berhenti Berharap (Stop Hoping) is one of the hardest song for me to sing at Happy Puppy Karaoke. *wishlist*

That's all for today, finger crossed for the wishlist.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com